Sunday, October 9, 2011

Adios!

Hey everyone! This is Scott, just explaining what this Blog is before I leave.

While I'm on my mission, I will be writing letters and sending pictures to my family on a weekly basis of what I'm up to in Guatemala. The purpose of this blog is so that everyone can see what I'm up to, not just my family.
So next time you find yourself thinking, "Aw man, I wonder how that Scott kid is doing?" You can say, "Hey wait a minute, I can find out for myself!!!" And come here. I know, pretty amazing.

For the record, I will not be updating this blog. My parents will be updating this blog. I'm not even going to touch this blog anymore. Haha mostly because I'll have far more important things to do than blogging or facebooking. And who knows if they have internet in some of the places where I'll be going.

However! This does NOT mean that you are off the hook for writing me letters!!! On the right side of this blog, click mailing addresses. Then write me a letter. This is critical. Otherwise, I'll probably die of saddness.

But before I leave, I would like to let everyone know that I'm not serving a mission just because that's the norm for Mormons to do once they turn 19, but because I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is real. It has brought me so much happiness, and now it's my turn to share this happiness with others.

Thank you all for being my friends and family, and for being such wonderfull, amazing, Christ-like examples to me!
I'll see you in two years!!!
-Elder Knutson

2 comments:

  1. Scott,

    I'm so proud, and excited for what you're doing! You know how horrible my hand writing is, but expect to see a few postcards from me while you're down there! I expect to have an awesome jam session when you come back! I'll be following you along your awesome journey.

    Take great care, my friend,

    Lyman

    ReplyDelete